The Council of Ministers, on a proposal from President Giuseppe Conte and Minister of Health Roberto Speranza, adopted a legislative act introducing further measures for the period from 18 May to 31 July 2020 on travel, economic and productive activities and the sanctions.
- As of May 18, 2020, travel within the same region is not subject to restrictions. The state or regions may impose restrictive measures within the region if contamination increases again.
- Until June 2, 2020, travel by public and private transport to a region other than where you are currently located is prohibited, as is travel to and from abroad. Exceptions to this are proven urgent work needs or for health reasons. Returning home is allowed.
- From June 3, 2020 you can travel again between different regions. The state or regions may impose restrictive measures if contaminations in certain regions increase again. These rules also apply to travel to and from abroad, which can only be limited by government measures, including with regard to specific states and territories, in accordance with the principles of adequacy and proportionality to the epidemiological risk and in accordance with the limitations that arise from the regulation of the European Union and international obligations.
- Persons who have tested positive for the coronavirus, who are in home quarantine and persons who are in close contact must not travel and receive no visitors.
- Group formation remains prohibited.